Saturday, January 2, 2010

Visitors during my maternity leave...

As I have mentioned before, I have moved my Hailun piano in the living room, in order to free up the room for my newborn. And I have lots of visitors during this period since my baby girl arrived. Visitors who come to give us their best wishes and obviously, they all noticed the Hailun piano sitting proudly in my living room.

As the visitors are all my friends, colleagues' kids, ex-colleagues' kids, relatives, nieces, nephews, little cousins and of coz the kids love to play the instrument. And there are kids trying to show off their skills on the piano, with the encouragement from their parents, and some shy ones, who dare not touch it at all. Then they start comparing who is in Grade what. You know, kids are just kids.

But I do think it is a nice chance for them to try on a Hailun piano. They seems rather impressed by it, though they have not heard of this brand before. Most of them actually own pre-owned Yamaha pianos. Some had brand new Yamaha pianos. And some parents are thinking what to get for their kids as they want them to learn piano when their kids are older. And getting a China made piano always seems out of the norm. And as usual, parents asking me about the piano, the price and so on.

I do think that it is important that pianos are maintained in the best possible condition all the time, as I would think visitors do judge the quality of the instrument in this kind of informal visit, with no intention of promoting a piano, and might form an impression, which would affect their decision making in future. And from a pyscological perspective, people tends to believe that what a person (who have gone through much research) have chosen, will be the correct choice, coz not everyone has the luxury of time to go test one piano after one piano in various shops, especially when they do not even know what is considered a good or bad piano.

No comments: