Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bought a Digital Piano

Yesterday, my hubby bought me a digital piano Korg SP-250.

After a few trial and error, we notice that our dear baby is very sensitive to the Hailun piano sound. Whenever I attempt to practice on it when she is asleep, she will be awaken by the piano sound and will cry very loudly. But she can sleep with the TV on or the radio on. Maybe TV or radio are white noise to her, but not piano.

But my supportive hubby thinks I should continue my hobby, and hence decided to get me a digital piano as an interim solution. A digital piano can allow me to choose to use the headset or adjust the volume of the digital piano, hence the intent is that we will slowly increase the volume until the baby can accept the loudness of a piano, and then I can play on my Hailun even when she is asleep. The digital piano is never good enough a substitute for my Hailun piano (the feel, the sound, the way the notes resonates is so different), and so I can only hope that my baby will be able to accept the Hailun piano soon.

I can install the silent mechanism into my current Hailun piano, but I have decided not to do it, as I wanted a portable solution, and one that can allow me to adjust the volume. When my baby can accept the Hailun, I plan to move this digital piano to my in-laws place (my in-laws will be helping me take care of my baby when both my hubby and myself are at work) so that both sides have a piano, which my girl can play on and appreciate when she is older.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

may i ask how much u bought ur hailun in dec 08?
the 125 now selling $3600. duno if the px will go up or not

Pooh Bear said...

I bought it at a lower price than $3600, coz I paid in cash and after some bargaining. Whether or not the price will go up actually depend on what the dealer set it. But there again, it depends on the supply and demand. In my opinion, with the current Singapore piano market, the 125 has potential to be sold at a higher price. For more information, please email me at eng00443@yahoo.com.sg. =)

Karmeleon said...

Your baby can learn on the digital piano next time if it has a softer touch than an acoustic piano?

Pooh Bear said...

I will just let her feel free to play on whichever she prefers. So long as she is not using things to bang on the piano. *heartache* hehe...