Friday, May 29, 2009

My Teacher bought me new Books!

Just a post to list down the new books which my teacher bought for me:-

1. Jazz, Rags & Blues Book 1 by Martha Mier
[Suppose to be very comfortable for me to learn on my own, with the intention that I can learn pieces on my own for personal enjoyment, and at the same time work on my sight-reading. So, which means, she will not be going through with me, but if I have any questions, I can always ask...]

2. Music in Theory in Practice 2 by Eric Taylor
[Because I am an adult student, so I am using this book. For young children, they use other books which has larger fonts and pictures to keep them interested! As of now, she will not move on to Grade 2 Theory yet, until I finish the "Keys to Stylistic Mastery Book 1", which should be about another 2 more months to go...]

3. Keys to Stylistic Mastery Book 2
[Ya, I haven't finish Book 1 yet, but because she will not be going down to the shop very often, so being "kiasu", she bought this book for me first. Because this books will have pieces from all the period, she thought would be good for me to continue with this series. But I might move on to another series upon completing this book. Let's see how...]

2 comments:

Ani said...

Yeah, new books!

I am currently struggling with my new exam pieces... Baroque pieces can be painful. Big stretches, melody line alternating between two hands... I am finding it all very difficult indeed!

Pooh Bear said...

Hi Ani,

Are you preparing for the Sep practical exams! Good Luck!