Monday, August 2, 2010

Some questions I have...

I have some questions here, would be great if anyone can help me:-

1. My piano teacher told me to erase all the markings I have made in my Exam Pieces book. She says these markings are not allowed during the exams and I should be able to play the piece without the help of these markings. Is it true? Coz I remembered my previous teacher says markings and even drawings are ok. So, who is right? Anyway, I guess I will need to erase them coz now she is my teacher. =(

2. Grade 5 Practical is not complusory right? I only need to pass the Grade 5 Theory if I were to proceed to Grade 6 and beyond right? So, is it advisable that I take Grade 4 Practical exams, and skip to Grade 6 practical exams? And I will skip Grade 3 and 4 Theory, but go ahead and take Grade 5 Theory. Haha, I am trying not to take too many exams, coz preparing for exams is so boring and so exam oriented, and I need to keep playing the same piece over and over again, which makes the lesson not very interesting. I would rather spend more time learning and improving my overall musical ability. But ok, I want to take exams to certify that I have reached a certain level. I feel that I improve more when I don't prepare for exams. Haha...

4 comments:

Karmeleon said...

i had my own markings on my exam book when i took exams last time. No gr 5 practical is not compulsory. You can just not take all the grades n just do gr 8 too. ;)

Pooh Bear said...

Thanks! Then must plan how to take the exams. Don't want to do so many exams. =P

hy wa said...

regarding markings, I think it is alright not to erase them, as some markings may be quite important. But yup, you should erase if your score is too messy. In other words, you should just leave important markings there. Because during exam, you can be nervous and instead of helping, those markings may distract you further

Pooh Bear said...

Actually i realised that it is ok to have markings on my score, but for some reasons, my teacher prefers it to be clean clean one. So, have erased. Ya, actually I find the markings very useful to act as reminders...