Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chopin@200

Went for the concert on Friday 25 June 2010 at the Victoria Concert Hall. It was the piano performance by Benjamin Grosvenor. And the pieces which he played were:-

KAPUSTIN
Concert Study No. 6 -Pastoral
Concert Study No. 7 - Intermezzo
Concert Study No. 3 - Toccatina

LISZT
Piano Sonata in B minor, S.178

CHOPIN
Nocturne in F-sharp major, Op. 15 No. 2
Scherzo No. 3, Op. 39
Nocturne in C-sharp minor, Op. post.

RAVEL
Gaspard de la Nuit

Though Chopin is suppose to be the "main lead" in this performance, but personally, I prefer the Piano Sonata in B minor, S.178 by Liszt and Gaspard de la Nuit by Ravel. Haha. I like the way his hands move and hit the keys. So nimble, so fast and so accurate! And he changes the mood very nicely. From something jumpy to something soft and smooth and back again. I enjoyed myself!

Also, I only realised that it has been 12 years since I last step into the VCH! And the last time when I was there was when I was performing during my JC days when I was in choir. And is not the same as what I remembered. Nice to be back again after so many years. =)

No comments: