Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First Lesson with New Piano Teacher

Had my first piano lesson with the new teacher on the 3 April. She was ok with the pieces which my previous teacher chose for me for exams after I played the 3 pieces for her. I have learnt the notes, but a lot needs to be done to add in the dynamics and the feel. However, as she does not want me to overcook the pieces, so she will be continuing the pieces which I have in the "Keys to Stylistic Mastery Book 2" and also will proceed with the Grade 3 Music Theory In Practice. I might want to skip Grade 3 exams and move on to Grade 4.

Generally, I find her not bad. Her baby will be coming to Singapore to stay with her starting from the middle of this month. Will need to see if she will be able to cope with the baby and teaching by then. I guess there will be a lot of adjustments that will be needed going forward. However, I feel comfortable with her and hope she will be able to manage it well.

Oh...I need to find more time to practice the piano! I hardly have time now in the weekdays! Need to find time!

10 comments:

Chicken In Her Kitchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chicken In Her Kitchen said...

Hi Pooh Bear, I'm so inspired by your blog that I've decided to go down to Piano Masters next weekend! keep writing to inspire the rest of us!

Pooh Bear said...

Hi chocolatedessert,

Thanks for dropping a note here. Errr...actually I can see your original comment, I suppose you are starting on your journey on piano? Is an enjoyable one! Enjoy! So, you plan to get a Hailun too? Hehe...

Chicken In Her Kitchen said...

Haha, deleted when I realised that I was rambling away. But seriously...was commenting to hubby that it felt like I was reading bout myself in parts of your blog. So how's motherhood?=) I am seriously considering the Hailun with the price and comments I find online. Any gripes with yours?

Pooh Bear said...

Motherhood is fun. But very tiring. My girl is sick these few days, and will keep crying and coughing in the middle of the night. But when I see her smile at me, I feel so happy. You planning for one soon? Hehe...

As for Hailun, so far so good. Just that I can't play on it as and when I like now after having a baby. I still think is a good buy!

Chicken In Her Kitchen said...

Yes! I bought the HL 125 too! Sound is nice and rich. Hubby loves it too.

By the way, how did you source for private piano teachers in your area? Thru referrals?

Your little girl looks so cute..really enjoying herself in all the pics. =)

Pooh Bear said...

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new toy!!! =)

Oh, I search through google leh...which area u stay? I can ask my teachers see if they got any recommendations too!

Chicken In Her Kitchen said...

I was wondering why I din get a reply from you..then i realised that I replied to the email instead of posting a reply via your blog. it does not get routed to you that way does it?=)

I'm staying near Tiong Bahru. Let me know if your teacher has any recommendations ya?=) Thanks!
Congrats on your FULL MARKS....think the last time I saw full marks on my results slips was in primary school...haha....how's the little one doing?

Pooh Bear said...

Which email did you send to? I did not receive any email...

Ya, I'll help you check with my piano teacher if she has any recommendations in Tiong Bahru area. Will let u know again.

Haha, when I took the theory exams, I feel like a primary school student too. Taking the exams with so many little kids. Ya, I think this might probably be my only time getting full marks! =P

My little one is good. Start to make different sounds now. And maybe "talking" to herself?

Pooh Bear said...

chocolatedessert,

My teacher just replied, she does not have any teaching friends in Tiong Bahru area.