Monday, September 7, 2009

Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer, Fall 2009

This is the latest version of the Larry Fine Piano Book. He has included another mega section on Digital Piano which was not in the one which I bought previously. And here is the online version of the book.
I have replicated the table which he has created here for my own easy reference. But for the details on what are the assumptions behind this table, please refer back to his book.

Performance-Grade Pianos:-


Consumer-Grade Pianos:-


In Singapore Context:-
My Hailun Piano not bad lah, still in the high mid-range of the Consumer-Grade Pianos. But just wondering how accurate is the table? China-made Yamaha pianos are ranked above China-made Hailun Pianos?

But I also notice Cristofori seems to sell a lot of the pianos in the Entry Level Consumer-Grade Pianos. And the prices are not that cheap also what. I mean, of what I remembered, their new Pearl River is about $3.5k, new Samick (abt 121cm) vertical was close to $4k, their Cristofori pianos are at $4k+.

A new Yamaha U1J from Yamaha is about $7k. Think last time when I asked about Perzina verticals, it was about $6k+. So effectively, Hailun can be sold at $5k to $6k liow, given its ranking...

So either Hailun is under priced now, or Cristofori are over-pricing their pianos? Haha, anyway, willing buyer willing seller, who am I to say how much these pianos should be priced =P. But from this little analysis, you will see which pianos are value for money...

No comments: